ASD Sensory Swimming Programme
The Benefits of Our ASD Sensory Swimming Programme
- The pace of lessons is entirely dictated by the child’s needs, with plenty of opportunity for children to explore the sensory feel of the warm water.
- The swimming instructor gives attention solely to the individuals often complex needs.
- Swimming skills are presented to the children in small incremental steps and practised repeatedly until the child feels at ease and is ready to move onto the next step.
- Activities and skills are introduced slowly so the individual has time to process the information before moving onto the next stage.
- One of the greatest challenges when learning to swim for children with ASD and sensory issues is underwater work. To overcome fears, we gently guide the children through this process from blowing bubbles in the water through to retrieving objects from the pool floor.
“Once the children feel at ease with going underwater we have difficulty keeping them above the surface!”
We hope that you will join us for the ASD Sensory programme. If you are interested in finding out more information or would like a place reserving then please fill in our contact form or call us on 0151 345 5005 and we will be happy to answer any questions!