- Who we are
- The types of information that we collect and process
- How we use your information
- The security procedure in place to protect your information
- Your rights
- Who you can contact if you have an issue
Liverpool Swimming Academy (LSA) is a small all-inclusive swim school based in Waterloo, Crosby. We provide swimming lessons to mainstream children, including children with physical disabilities, Autism and ADHD. Our academy has devised specialised swimming programmes to suit everyone’s needs, all of which are delivered at our private pool.
Liverpool Swimming Academy is the controller and is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “LSA”, “we”, “us”, “our” in this privacy notice).
About the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is an executive non-departmental public body of the UK, sponsored by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport. This is where individuals can make a complaint in relation to breach of data protection.
However, we kindly ask our customers to contact us in first instance to deal with your concerns before contacting ISO.
Your duty to inform us of changes:
As a customer of LSA, you have a duty to inform us of changes to your personal data during your relationship with us. It is important that the data we have for you is up to date and accurate.
How we collect your data:
Personal data (also known interchangeably as personal information) is a broad range of information that could identify an individual. There are different methods in which we may collect your personal data. You may provide to us your personal information, contact details and financial data through:
- Direct interactions
- Social media
- Surveys or feedback forms
- By filling in our registration/contact forms
Types of data we collect:
Why we collect your data:
Your personal data is processed based on the consent expressed by the user and in cases where the law authorises the administrator to process personal data based on legal provisions, or to implement the contact concluded between the parties.
The website obtains information about users and their behaviour in the following way:
- Through information entered voluntarily in forms
- By collecting “cookies” [see the policy of “cookies”]
- To register you as a new customer
- For marketing and communication purposes
- To process your bookings
- To manage payments and/or send invoices
- To respond to your enquiries and questions
- To ask you to leave a review or take a survey
You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information.
- Legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling)
- Direct marketing (including profiling)
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
At LSA, we have implemented both online and physical security measures to ensure your data does not get lost, stolen and/or accessed in an unauthorised manner. Our employees are subject to a duty of confidentiality and your personal data have limited access to those who are not authorised.
By law and in compliance with ICO, your personal data will not be kept for longer than is needed unless we have legal and regulatory requirements to retain your data. Our customers can exercise their right to erasure (see above for further information); however, this right is not absolute and is subject to certain circumstances.
We may occasionally send you marketing messages and communicate with you about any current lesson availability we may have. You can opt our by the options below:
Use of photographs:
Photographs of children and adults may be seen throughout the website. These photographs are published with the consent and assent of both the adult and child, including the children’s parent(s) and/or guardian. LSA do not provide further details which may put both the children and adults at risk.